6 Recipes For the Scariest Halloween Cocktails
There's no better time for getting creative with your cocktails than Halloween! Watch the faces of your costumed family and friends as they see what creepy cocktails await them.
1. Spooky Skull Shots
What do you get when you combine a scary looking skeletal shot glass with an award winning chocolate chip cookie flavored liqueur? An easy, spooky surprise that your guests will love! These shot glasses can enhance the Halloween vibe at your party, but the Bakesale Cookie shots are awesome on their own as well. Watch your guests' faces as they pick up a freaky shot glass to take a sip of scary liquid- only to find a high end chocolate chip cookie liqueur on the tongue!
- Bakesale Cookie Box, including 12 prepackaged individual cookie flavored shots.
- Skull shot glasses (optional)
You can buy the above skull shot glasses online at Amazon.com here, as well as similar versions in many other local and online stores.
- Put a small ice cube or a bit of crushed ice in each skull shot glass.
- Pour out the pre-measured cookie shots, one per shot glass. It doesn't get easier than this!
Photo Credits: A Couple Cooks, Vampire Kiss Cocktail Recipe
2. Vampire’s Kiss Halloween Cocktail Recipe
A beautifully bloody Halloween themed martini, this recipe has fruity cranberry, pomegranate, and raspberry flavors along with a light Rosé and premium vodka for complexity and a kick. While the dry ice and rimming the martini glass is optional, it adds the perfect touch to your Halloween party decor by shrouding your blood red beverage in a haze of smokey mystery. Beware the vampire's kiss!
- 1.5 oz premium Purity Vodka
- 1.5 oz Chambord Raspberry Liqueur, + about a Tbsp more for the rim of the glass
- .5 oz Cranberry Juice, unsweetened
- .5 oz Finest Call Grenadine
- 1 oz Bestie Bubbly Rosé
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice (or a splash of bottled lemon juice)
- Small chunk of dry ice to enhance the Halloween vibes, but regular ice works too
- 1 Tbsp white or red granulated sugar for the rim
The Cocktail Glass Rim
- Get your Halloween martini cocktail glasses ready.
- Pour the sugar onto a small plate so it just covers the surface.
- Pour the extra Tbsp or two of Chambord onto another small plate (the grenadine can be used for this as well).
- Flip each glass and spin it in the Chambord plate until the rim is coated, then dip the coated rim into the sugar plate, giving a nice red sugar rim that suits your blood thirsty drink.
The Blood Red Vampire Drink
- Add in your Purity Vodka, Chambord, Rosé wine, lemon juice, cranberry juice, and pomegranate grenadine to a cocktail shaker, followed by half a cup of regular ice.
- Shake until nice and cold.
- Strain out into your cocktail glass, making sure not to ruin the rim.
- If the red color isn't what you'd like, add a drop of food coloring or some more grenadine to get the deep blood red of a Vampire's Kiss
The Wispy Dry Ice Effect (Optional)*
- See instructions below
3. The Jack O' Lantern Halloween Cocktail Recipe
It doesn't get more Halloween themed than a Jack O' Lantern cocktail! While the bright orange color doesn't actually stem from pumpkin flavors, The Jack O' Lantern is fresh and citrusy and perfect for positioning next to all those leering carved pumpkins on display. This version uses Acquired Taste Cognac, a smooth craft cognac that pairs beautifully with the ginger ale and orange flavors.
- 2 oz Aquired Taste Cognac VS
- .5 oz Grand Marnier Orange Liqueur
- 1 oz fresh orange juice (store bought orange juice can be substituted)
- 1.5 oz ginger ale
- Orange slice for garnish (optional)
- Fill glasses with ice. (If desired, put stickers on your glasses to get the Jack O'Lantern look above.)
- Combine the cognac, orange liqueur, orange juice, and ginger ale in a cocktail shaker, then pour out into the ice filled glass.
- Add an orange slice to the side rim of the glass for garnish.
- Enjoy your Jack O' Lantern on the rocks!
4. Witch's Brew Halloween Cocktail Recipe
The Blue Hawaii Cocktail is a refreshing tropical drink generally made from rum, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and lemon. This version adds in the popular Pinaq Blue Liqueur, which incorporates premium vodka, cognac, and exotic fruit flavors that blend perfectly with the tropical palate of the Blue Hawaii. The blue green color that results from the blue curacao and Blue Pinaq Liqueur mixed with pineapple juice looks just like something fresh out of the witch's cauldron, and with the addition of dry ice, the innocent Blue Hawaii Cocktail becomes sinister and wicked... and known as the Witch's Brew Cocktail instead.
- 1 oz Blue Pinaq Liqueur
- .5 oz Vitae Spirits Platinum Rum
- .5 oz Senior's Genuine Blue Curaçao Triple Sec
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz sour mix (to make, dissolve .5 oz sugar in .5 oz hot water and combine with 1 oz lemon juice)
- One egg white (optional, makes your "witch's brew" more foamy)
- Dry ice (optional, but highly recommended)
Witch's Brew Blue Hawaii
- Combine Pinaq, rum, blue curaçao, pineapple juice, sour mix, ice, and egg white (if using) in a cocktail shaker.
- Strain into a cocktail glass or your witchiest cauldron punch bowl.
- Top with edible eyeball, worm, or spider candies!
Dry Ice Cauldron Smoke (optional)*
- See dry ice instructions below.
5. Corpse Reviver (No. 2) Halloween Cocktail RecipeThe corpse reviver cocktail has been around since before the Prohibition. It got its name by bringing life back into those with hangovers or no energy in addition to being supposedly strong enough to wake the dead. Regardless of the origins of its name, the corpse reviver is the perfect cocktail combination for a Halloween party to get the fun started and bring the ghosts back to life. Drink responsibly, this one packs a punch!
- 1 oz Freeland Spirits London Dry Gin
- 1 oz Vitae Spirits Triple Sec
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz Padro & Co. Blanco Vermouth
- 1/2 tsp Absinthia Absinthe Blanche
- Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, shake until thoroughly chilled.
- Pour into your prepared cocktail glass
Photo Credits: Taken with Permission from An Edible Mosaic
6. Bloody Eyeball Sangria Halloween Cocktail RecipeSangria is fun, can be made in small batches, and is perfect for any kind of party. We simplified this recipe by suggesting our favorite brand of ready made sangria, and garnishing it with the bloody eyeballs on a stick. This cocktail is super simple and easy to make, but comes out looking sophisticated and impressively Halloween spirited. You can add these gory lychee eyeballs to any of the other holiday cocktail recipes as well or to your personal favorite so you can have what you like best while still being fully Halloween themed.
- Lolea Sangria
- Canned lychees
- Blueberries or black olives
- Cherry, raspberry, or strawberry pie filling or jam (the goal here is the color, so use anything that's a similar color and texture if you don't have pie filling or jam)
- Fill your glasses with Lolea Sangria Red, it doesn't get easier than this!
Adapted from An Edible Mosaic Bloody Eyeball Sangria Cocktail
- Remove the lychees from the can, rinse them, and let them dry out until they aren't too slippery to work with.
- Take a bit of your red filling or jam and insert a bit into one of the lychee holes, being careful not to rip or ruin the white fruit.
- Then, stick a blueberry (or two, so it pops) into the hole, giving your lychee eyeballs a bloodied gory look.
- You can skewer an eyeball with a cocktail stick and place it over the top of your sangria filled cocktail glass, or stick the lychee straight into the glass to be discovered at the bottom by an unwitting party guest!
For more fun craft cocktail recipes, take a look at the Gettin' Crafty With Our Spirits TIPXY blog.
*Dry Ice Instructions
- REMEMBER NEVER TO TOUCH DRY ICE WITH YOUR BARE HANDS!
- You can buy dry ice a few hours before your Halloween party, but don’t store it in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to make your cocktails, break the dry ice into pieces, again, not with your bare hands. Aim for dry ice pieces that will fit in your glass, sink to the bottom, and won't take too long to dissipate so you can enjoy your drink without frost-bitten lips.
- Using a utensil or tongs, place a small dry ice chunk into each cocktail glass, and prepare for the looks of wonder your cocktails will inspire!
Check out our high quality craft spirit selection here!